This year we made significant steps forward to reinvent the way people interact with supply chain data within the space industry. Thank you for your continued support! Let’s take a look at what we achieved over the past year and what’s coming in 2018.
Mosaic of satsearch’s 2017
We started the year off by welcoming Narayan to our team as co-founder, bringing with him significant expertise in the global space market and experience building newspace businesses. Along with Alberto and myself, I sincerely believe we have the key ingredients in place in the leadership team to forge a successful path forward for the company in 2018.
In addition, we got the chance to welcome two new core team members:
- Datta, a graduate student in Space Engineering from TU Delft, joined us to prototype a proof-of-concept for Integrated Mission DesignTM for his MSc research thesis. Over the course of the coming year, Datta will be sharing his progress through our blog.
- Edoardo, an undergrad student in Aerospace Engineering from TU Delft, joined us to support Datta’s research, specifically focussing on the “Electronic Datasheet” technology we are developing. Edoardo will also be sharing his experiences with satsearch through a series of blog articles in 2018.
The global supply chain
We’re happy to announce that our efforts to consolidate the global space supply chain took a big step forward this past year. At the start of 2017, we set ourselves the target to get to 5,000 products by the end of the December, and I’m thrilled to announce that we managed to hit 5051 products and 621 suppliers! We’ve really only scratched the surface though and 2018 we’re setting ourselves bigger and bolder goals, as we set our sights on becoming the global marketplace for space.
satsearch supplier map at the end of 2017
We had the opportunity to participate in a few startup programs and present satsearch at a number of space events around the globe. Some of our highlights from the last 12 months include:
- A whirlwind tour of the US that included visits to MIT, NASA Johnson Space Center, and NASA Ames Research Center, where I got the chance to present our vision.
- An impromptu opportunity to pitch on stage during the “Shark Tank” session at Space Tech Expo USA 2017 in Pasadena, California.
- Successful completion of the Founder Track of Startup School, offered by Y Combinator.
- Presenting Integrated Mission DesignTM using satsearch at the ESA CubeSat Industry Days
- Successful completion of the Rocket Program offered by ESA BIC Noordwijk and Verhaert, after being selected as the first and only team for the inaugural edition of the program.
Outlook for 2018
We have exciting developments and key partnerships to unveil over the course of 2018 that we hope will help to truly transform the way we design, build, launch and operate space missions. With your continued support, we aim to ship product features that help you reach for the stars. Some of the features in store for the coming year include:
- Full-fledged, feature-rich user accounts
- Data integrations for engineering, procurement, and business development
- Space ecosystem analytics
A big thanks
Many thanks to our numerous supporters over the course of 2017. Special thanks to Gijs Hoonhout, Bert Kwanten, Andrea Gini, Jonatan van Wijngaarden, Levi van Wijngaarden, Karl Wittwer, Martijn Seijger, Martijn Leinweber, Filiep Dewitte, Sam Waes, Alexander Frimout, Rachana Reddy, Mathieu Weiss, Sam Wurzel, Gleb Arshinov, Johannes Norheim, Danilo De Lorenzo, Giuseppe Arici, Marco Garatti and countless others for their invaluable feedback and advice.
Our mission remains to consolidate the global space supply chain, fostering increased collaboration, state-of-the-art development, and transparency within the market. Satsearch is building the “data layer” for the space industry, ensuring that we can collectively achieve our daring goals in outer space over the coming decade.
Stayed tuned for plenty more news over the coming year! 2018 promises to be bigger and better: ad astra!
Wishing you all a spacetastic 2018!
On behalf of team satsearch,
Co-founder & CEO